Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No, Mr Murugu, you can’t cure cancer in 6 weeks

By Lukoye Atwoli
Sunday Nation 16 June 2013

Lately there has been a focus in a section of the media on medical malpractice, with some even referring to “killer doctors” and “killer hospitals”. Some of the claims have been factual, but many have been exaggerated. The Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board has eventually been jolted into action, revisiting cases filed several years ago and handing out harsh penalties.

All this is probably symptomatic of the direction the practice of medicine is headed in these litigious times. Medical practitioners will just have to learn to evolve with the times, and engage in what in other jurisdictions is referred to as “defensive medicine”.

It would be even better had the media and the Board also directed their attention at some practitioners of so-called “traditional and alternative medicine”. One such person who should be in their cross-hairs got a big splash in the newspapers, in which he made several claims, some outright dangerous.

Going by the name “Dkt Murugu”, he claimed that he is able to make several conditions “disappear” within a set time-frame. He suggested that he can cure cancer in six weeks, cerebral palsy in two months, hypertension in 25 days and diabetes in five weeks. He even claimed to do “HIV management” in four months.

This same person and several others are given prime airtime every weekend on several television channels to advertise their wares and their prowess. They explain illness using obscure terms that mean nothing to the expert, but are calculated to wow their audience with their supposed brilliance.

It is time someone took up the responsibility of protecting Kenyans from such shameless charlatans, and the law ought to punish these people who are preying on the ignorance of the masses. The Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board is, by dint of its own title, expected to regulate all those who present themselves as medical practitioners.

In my view, a medical practitioner is anyone who claims to possess the knowledge and ability to treat or cure an illness. The Board is, therefore, failing in its mandate when it ignores these charlatans who advertise and ply their trade in broad daylight.

Ludicrous “healing” claims by religious and traditional practitioners have been brought to the Board’s attention in the past, but they are brushed aside with the assertion that these practitioners do not fall within the regulatory ambit of the Board. In actual fact, there is no other regulatory authority for “religious healers” and “traditional” or “alternative” practitioners.

Shall we then let Kenyans to continue suffering unknowingly at the hands of these unregulated practitioners? If the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board cannot stop these people from exposing Kenyans to death-threatening “treatment”, who will?

If anyone had discovered a cure for cancer, diabetes, hypertension and other chronic diseases, we would not be investing so much money on these conditions in this country or elsewhere. Further, the discoverer of these elixirs would become an instant billionaire, even if they protested about their philanthropic intentions. In health care, any claim of cure must be backed by a large body of research on safety and effectiveness before it can be tried on humans.

And there is nothing like “alternative medicine”, since any medicine that works against an illness cannot be considered “alternative”. It would become the standard of care.

Dr Lukoye Atwoli is a senior lecturer at Moi University’s school of medicine Lukoye@gmail.com; twitter @LukoyeAtwoli

7 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone, i'm here to give this great article about how God work for me using this great Dr called Dr Ramah..i never believe in herbs to cure me both today i see the great work of herb in my life, i was diagnose for Hiv for 3 years i was feeling so bad because i wanted to bear my on children and live a normal life, one day i came across this woman from South Africa testifing about this great herbalist then i collect is email and contact him the following day, he asked me not to worry that i am a the right place where solutions to all problem are found and also asked me to be serious about this which i did...today i'm living Negative...via email dr.Ramahherbalhome@gmail.com +2348066159471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless Dr. JATTO for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HIV since 2013 and I was

      taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HIV out of my system, I searched about

      some possible cure for HIV i saw a comment about Dr. JATTO, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,STROKE,EX_LOVER

      BACK and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he

      started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through DHL COURIER SPEED POST. I took the

      medicine as prescribed by him (DR. JATTO) and 4 days later i was cured from HIV.
      Dr. JATTO truly you are great.
      Contact him through.
      WEB_PAGE= https://web.facebook.com/obazespellhome/
      EMAIL= jattospiritualtemple@gmail.com
      WHATSAPP= +2349056539383.
      CALLS= +2349056539383.
      Call me= +19897182580.
      REGARDS.

      Delete
  2. HERBAL CURE TO HIV/AIDS

    My name is Collien Wilson from South Africa i am here to thank Prophet Ayelala the powerful spell caster that rescue me from HIV AIDS. I was diagnosed of this disease in the year 2012, and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life, and i went into research on how i can get cured, i contacted a lot of spell casters and none of them could help me rather they scammed me and took away my money without helping me. All this period of my life, i was sad and unhappy so one day as i was in the INTERNET i decided to sign in a friend guest book, only for me to see a testimony of a lady on how she was helped by Prophet Ayelala so i was confused to contact him at the moment because i didn't want to be scammed again but after one week, i decided to contact him, so when i contacted him, he assured me that he will help me and i told him that many spell casters has also told me this but they all scammed me, he told me not to worry that he is going to help me, So i believed in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a healing spell for me and told me to wait for just 24 hours, after 24 hours, i went to the hospital for test and to my happiness the test stated that i was cured from the disease.. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Prophet Ayelala is a God Gifted man and can help you to cure all types of sickness like HIV AIDS, CANCER, PILE, Kidney problem, Syphilis and lot's more. You can contact him through his email on ( Ayelala7demons@gmail.com ) Or reach him on whats-app: +2347031894318 for immediate response..


    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friends, How can I explain this to the world again that there is a man
    who can cure HIV/aids I was HIV over since 5year I have being into HIV drug
    I can’t anymore I decide to look for help then I found post by miss randy
    write about this great man dr.alimo telling people about how this man have
    cured her HIV I don’t believe that, because all I have in mind is HIV had
    no cure, thank god for my life today am HIV negative through the power of
    dr.alimo contacted this man for help because who write about him drop an
    email of the man I pick the email and emailed him for the cure this man
    told me what to do about the cure well, am from england this man cast a
    curing spell on me and he told me that he will call me after the cure is
    done truly he did I was cured for 45mins spell what a wonderful man thisA
    DR. if you need his cure just Email him now
    dr.alimoherbalhome@outlook.com) thank you once again the great dr. for
    what you have done for me, if you are out there, since passing through any
    of this problems listed below: 1) If you want your ex back. (2) if you
    always have bad dreams. (3) You want to be promoted in your office. (4) You
    want women/men to run after you. (5) If you want a child. (6) You want to
    be rich. (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever. (8) If
    you need financial assistance. (9) Herbal care (10) if you want to cure
    your HIV (11) If you want to cure your cancer (12) if you want to cure any
    disease just contact him now with this Email dr.alimoherbarhome@outlook.com
    or call +2348084847967 or whatsapp dr on +2347052302954 thanks dr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friends, How can I explain this to the world again that there is a man
    who can cure HIV/aids I was HIV over since 5year I have being into HIV drug
    I can’t anymore I decide to look for help then I found post by miss randy
    write about this great man dr.alimo telling people about how this man have
    cured her HIV I don’t believe that, because all I have in mind is HIV had
    no cure, thank god for my life today am HIV negative through the power of
    dr.alimo contacted this man for help because who write about him drop an
    email of the man I pick the email and emailed him for the cure this man
    told me what to do about the cure well, am from england this man cast a
    curing spell on me and he told me that he will call me after the cure is
    done truly he did I was cured for 45mins spell what a wonderful man thisA
    DR. if you need his cure just Email him now
    dr.alimoherbalhome@outlook.com) thank you once again the great dr. for
    what you have done for me, if you are out there, since passing through any
    of this problems listed below: 1) If you want your ex back. (2) if you
    always have bad dreams. (3) You want to be promoted in your office. (4) You
    want women/men to run after you. (5) If you want a child. (6) You want to
    be rich. (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever. (8) If
    you need financial assistance. (9) Herbal care (10) if you want to cure
    your HIV (11) If you want to cure your cancer (12) if you want to cure any
    disease just contact him now with this Email dr.alimoherbarhome@outlook.com
    or call +2348084847967 or whatsapp dr on +2347052302954 thanks dr

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless Dr. JATTO for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HIV since 2013 and I was

    taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HIV out of my system, I searched about

    some possible cure for HIV i saw a comment about Dr. JATTO, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,STROKE,EX_LOVER

    BACK and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he

    started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through DHL COURIER SPEED POST. I took the

    medicine as prescribed by him (DR. JATTO) and 4 days later i was cured from HIV.
    Dr. JATTO truly you are great.
    Contact him through.
    WEB_PAGE= https://web.facebook.com/obazespellhome/
    EMAIL= jattospiritualtemple@gmail.com
    WHATSAPP= +2349056539383.
    CALLS= +2349056539383.
    Call me= +19897182580.
    REGARDS.,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am really grateful and thankful for what Dr.Bude has done for me. I Was having HIV/ AIDS for good four years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man called Dr Bude so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him today. if you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine. you can write him on his Email:budespelltemple@gmail.com or call him on his Line:+2348138666235 or his Website:http://budespelltemple.wixsite.com/drbude

    ReplyDelete

Say something about this post!

Google